The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) can give your firm a head start in a foreign market. CTA programs are located in major tech hubs and support firms in a wide range of technology sectors. Each CTA program focuses on helping businesses take advantage of what the local market has to offer.
These services vary among CTA programs, but generally include:
- mentorship and advice from industry leaders in the foreign market
- office space in technology centres shared with other entrepreneurs and innovators
- access to potential investors
- connections and networking in the technology business community
Started in 2009, the initiative is currently operating in six cities. It is aimed at small technology companies serving three main sectors:
- information communication technology (ICT), robotics and devices
- life sciences
CTA has helped Canadian businesses acquire investment, advice, partners and sales.
- Anna Garcia - General PartnerRunway Ventures
I continue to be impressed by the originality of Canadian innovation and the high quality of entrepreneurs that come through this program. I look forward to watching CTA companies expand globally and successfully grow in years to come.
I would highly recommend the CTA experience. The Trade Commissioner Service has helped Terramera open many doors that have led to key relationships that have benefited our company and our success.
- Thompson H. Boyd, III, M.D. Physician LiaisonHahnemann University Hospital
Over the past five years, it has been a great honor to work with Canadian Innovators. They are mature, listen well, and are very appreciative. Information conveyed will likely save them enormous amounts of time & money.
- Lucy Mancini Newell, MBA Managing PartnerThe Kiran Consortium
My experience with CTA has been an extraordinary professional experience. The participating Canadian firms are collaborative, inquisitive and prepared to engage in spirited exchanges of information as we work to find the best avenue to success.